- James Zahardis – A Song From the Old Country
- Erin Cole – In the Deep of a Wild Blue
- Jamie Lackey – Old Man’s Cave
- M.E.L.I. – Rebirth
- Tanya X. Short – The Great Mystery
- Danielle N. Gales – The River Fox
- Tim McDaniel – Victims
The July issue of Bards and Sages Quarterly will include my story “The River Fox,” in which I get away with having a talking animal for a character.
This one was written in the middle of an “everything I write must be completely different from anything I’ve ever written before” phase, and was the result of a bit of a frustrated creative flurry. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of the result; it’s sort of mythic, sort of a storybook fable, and a bit odd all round, and I’m glad it’s found a nice home.